"80s Pop Rivals Debbie Gibson and Tiffany Planning to Tour Together
The “80s pop scene was ruled by two teen queens, Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. The former hit-making rivals announced that they are teaming up to go on a tour together, themed after the decade that made them famous.
“We want to journey through the “80s and all the artists who influenced us,” Tiffany told New York Post.
She and “Mega Python vs. Gatoroid” co-star Gibson will cover hits by the decades” icons, including Stevie Nicks, Reba McIntyre and Guns N” Roses.
Tiffany, now 39, sky rocketed into pop super-stardom overnight with her 1987 dance hit “I Think We”re Alone Now” from her debut album “Tiffany” — while Gibson, 40, topped the charts with hits including “Lost in Your Eyes” and “Electric Youth” from her 1989 “Electric Youth.”
Tiffany has since made the jump from her pop beginnings over to country music and released her eighth studio album “Rose Tattoo” in March 2011.
Watch PopEater”s own Rob Shuter Interview Tiffany and Debbie Gibson.
Get more at Aol. Music >>
- Debbie Reynolds: Elizabeth Taylor Was in a Lot of Pain at the End
- Mel Gibson turns himself in to police
- Report: Nicki Minaj Officially Joins Britney Spears" Tour
- Debbie Reynolds Forgave Elizabeth Taylor on a Boat
- Nicki Minaj in Talks to Join Britney Spears on Tour