Amy Winehouse Found Dead
Amy Winehouse was found dead in her apartment in London today
A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn’t specifically name Winehouse, says:
“Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.
On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained.”
Winehouse famously battled addiction to drugs and alcohol and was in and out of rehab several times throughout the years.
Last month, Winehouse canceled her European tour after a performance in Serbia where she seemed completely out of it.
She was 27.
- Tragic waste of a phenomenal talent: Soul diva Amy Winehouse dies at 27
- Amy Winehouse checks out of rehab
- Amy Winehouse Warned by Doctors to Quit Drinking
- Amy Winehouse Has a Drink Before Re-Entering Rehab
- Amy Winehouse Leaves Rehab After Just One Week