Beyonce and Jay Z welcome baby girl
Beyonce and Jay-Z have welcomed their first child together – a baby girl.
The singer and her rapper husband have named their daughter Blue Ivy Carter.
The 30-year-old gave birth to her little one by caesarean section at a New York hospital on Saturday night.
Her 42-year-old husband Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, was by her side during the birth.
A source told the singer”s hometown newspaper Houston Chronicle that "mother and baby are doing fine".
Crazy in love: Beyonce and Jay-Z, the intensely private power couple
How an Independent Woman became the queen of the music scene
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Invited to Perform at the Royal Reception
- Who Would Boo Beyonce and Jay-Z?
- Jay-Z Films Beyonce Backstage at "Idol," Wowed by Her "Greatness"
- Is Beyonce"s baby on the way? Nurses in NY hospital told to "prepare for celebrity VIP"
- "Las Vegas" Star Nikki Cox and Jay Mohr Welcome Baby Boy