Bret Michaels Is Suing the Tony Awards
Bret Michaels almost died last year of a brain hemorrhage–and the Poison singer thinks the extreme condition was due to an injury sustained while performing at the 2009 Tony Awards.
Michaels filed a lawsuit against Tony Award Productions and CBS in L.A. County Superior Court on Friday, reports TMZ.com. He is asking for unspecified damages.
Michaels was hit in the head by a piece of the set at the end of his performance two years ago; he was hospitalized for a broken nose and cut lip after the show. Now, the “Rock of Love” star believes the life-threatening brain hemorrhage that happened six months later was a direct result of that injury.
“One of the most common causes of this type of hemorrhage is head trauma — exactly like the one Michaels suffered at the hands of the Tony Awards,” the lawsuit stated.
It continues: “Through his sheer will to live, to see his children grow up, [he] was able to survive this trauma.”
Watch the incident from the 2009 Tony Awards below:
- Friend: Kate Gosselin Shocked Jon"s Life Coach Is Suing Her
- Someone Tell Carrie and Tony: AMC Is the New HBO
- Shania Twain"s Stalker Arrested at Juno Awards
- Recording Academy Makes Series of Sweeping Changes to the Grammy Awards
- Heidi Klum, Miley Cyrus, Russell Brand Get Silly at Kids" Choice Awards