Champion night as starstruck crowd honour Muhammad Ali
Over 50 years after he won a gold medal in Rome, Muhammad Ali was honoured by a VIP crowd in London ahead of the 2012 Olympics.
Some of the glitterati who came through the doors of the Victoria and Albert museum for the gala were not even born at the time when the icon made history.
Lewis Hamilton was so excited to be on the guest list that he was tweeting whilst sat at the Sport for Peace dinner.
check the PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
"Mohammad Ali just sat opposite me on the table and I”m looking right at him….wow."
Meanwhile the boxing legend”s younger brother, Rahaman Ali, 69, said: "He”s very happy and proud to be here.
"He was a part of the 1960 team, and he”s glad to be here.
"He won in 1960, and he thinks the US team are going to be the champs this year."
Other famous faces included Boris Becker and his glamour wife Lily and from accross the pond, actress Rosario Dawson and Lauren Bush Lauren.
- Muhammad Ali turns 70: Heavyweight champion of verse"s best quotes
- Muhammad Ali electrifies the atmosphere in London ahead of Games
- The Greatest at 70: Muhammad Ali, so much more than a hero in the ring
- The night David met The Greatest at Muhammad"s star-studded 70th birthday bash
- Laila Ali Welcomes a Baby Girl