"Countdown" wizz Rachel Riley marries in star-studded ceremony
Countdown queen Rachel Riley proved a beautiful bride as she married university sweetheart Jamie Gilbert in a ceremony attended by all her C4 co-hosts.
Amongst those in attendance was presenter Nick Hewer who tells ! "Of course, Rachel is one of the most beautiful women in England.
When you”ve got brains and beauty combined, then you”ve hit the jackpot – at least Mr Gilbert has."
Rachel, 26, who replaced Carol Vorderman on the daytime show, tells ! magazine: "It was only when we were walking down the stairs to the ceremony that I got a bit nervous.
"We were getting in position, ready to make our entrance when my dad stood on my dress. So he kind of fell over."
She added: "As soon as I saw Jamie, I was waiting for his reaction to my dress." "She looked amazing," the groom said.
Her proud dad, Chris, spoke lovingly of his daughter, who”s a "maths geek and proud of it".
He added: "I”ve watched every Countdown numbers game since Rachel started on the show, that”s 2,448," he said.
"Rachel has solved the numbers game when contestants have failed and she”s done this over 700 times."
For the full story and interview see ! Magazine on sale now.
- Star-studded music ceremony set to bring the Games full circle
- Pop-Ed: Dick Clark"s 2011 New Year"s Eve Countdown Worth Celebrating
- Thanks John, George and Ringo: Macca pays tribute to his friends at star ceremony
- Photo: Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen Go Public in Cannes
- Racy Rachel: Mrs Craig shows off sexy new look as she appears with husband Daniel