India feels the Cruise effect
Some 1,500 fans, a two hour walkabout and countless mobile phone pictures: Mumbai got the full Cruise treatment when the star jetted in for the screening of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol – the fourth in the spy franchise.
Excited crowds gathered in the Indian capital waving banners and posters of Tom from his throughout his career.
check the PHOTO FOR GALLERY
On touching down, the larger than life star went straight to the Taj Mahal, 700 km away, accompanied by his co-star Anil Kapoor – "an incredible host".
Anil, a veteran with 30 years experience on the Bollywood movie scene, is known to western audiences as the conniving talk show host in Slumdog Millionaire.
Even a globetrotter like Tom was overwhelmed by his 48 hours in the colourful country.
"I wanted to come to India my whole life, so I am very excited," he told local journalists.
"I love watching Hindi movies. There are many Hindi movies that come out… but I do watch a few of them. [If I was offered a film in Bollywood] I would never say no," he added.
- Tom Cruise"s New "Rock of Ages" Co-Star: Julianne Hough
- Tom Cruise Rocks Out With No Shirt and Long Hair (Photo)
- Bollywood star Aishwarya Rai welcomes baby girl
- Lady Gaga Does a Bollywood Remix of "Born This Way"
- Aishwarya and husband "so overwhelmed" with love as their Bollywood heiress is born