Jude Law and Uma Thurman jet to the French Riviera for Cannes
Celeb watchers and film fans alike have turned their gaze to the French Riveria, as the stars begin arriving for the Cannes Film Festival.
Autograph hunters flocked to Nice airport for the chance to meet Jude Law, who is on the official judging panel this year.
Robert De Niro heads up the jury. The Oscar winner, who has starred in past winners of the festival”s Palme d”Or prize Taxi Driver and The Mission, was also seen in town.
As was fellow jury member Uma Thurman – who waved to fans as she got out of her car.
Twenty films are vying for the coveted award this year. They include Spanish moviemaker Pedro Almodovar”s new film La Piel Que Habito The Skin I Live In which stars Antonio Banderas.
Danish director Lars Von Trier – the man behind 2000 winner Dancer in the Dark is also in the running with his new effort Melancholia.
Also spotted at the airport was Rachel McAdams – who is expected to walk the red carpet on Wednesday night for the premiere of Midnight in Paris.
Woody Allen”s love letter to Paris will officially start the event.
- Woody Allen"s "Midnight in Paris" opens star-studded Cannes
- No sign of Jude: girls" night out for Lily and Keira
- Princess Diana dying photo to be shown during Unlawful Killing at Cannes
- "Law & Order: SVU"s" Hargitay sues ex agency
- Video: Kristen Bell French Kisses a Giraffe in Africa