Katie Holmes going back to work to make film about a single mother
As she gets used to life on her own without Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes can use her new experiences for her next film.
The 33-year-old is due this week to start production on Molly, which follows the life of a single mum and her six-year-old daughter.
Katie, who is seeking sole custody of Suri, has co-written and is co-producing the movie.
It will be shooting until August in New York, where Katie has moved into a new apartment with her little girl.
The Dawson”s Creek star is keeping busy with work in the wake of the split. After the summer she”ll start filming romantic comedy Responsible Adults with Chase Crawford.
And she”s also planning her first ever catwalk presentation at New York”s Fashion Week for her clothing line, Holmes & Yang.
Katie and Tom”s lawyers are said to be negotiating behind closed doors to reach a divorce settlement.
"Neither of them wants this to be hashed out in public," a source told US publication People.
- Katie Holmes Shares Suri"s Upcoming Birthday Plans
- Katie Holmes not a drug addict, settles lawsuit
- Star Magazine Apologizes to Katie Holmes for Drug Use Allegations
- Katie Holmes Flaunts Bod in Red Bikini and Short Shorts (Photos)
- Katie Holmes Gives Suri a Swim Lesson (Photos)