Kerry Katona on marriage to Brian: "We were young but I knew what I was doing"
Kerry Katona has responded to ex-husband Brian McFadden“s comments about his first marriage.
The former Westlife star told ! that he "had no idea what he was doing" when he married the Atomic Kitten singer in 2002.
Speaking in an exclusive interview following his wedding to Vogue Williams, the singer, 32, said: "This is me getting married for the rest of my life – and a completely different life.
"I was 18 or 19 when I got married the first time. I was in Westlife. I had no idea what I was doing. It wasn”t till I was 30 that I turned into an adult."
Kerry wrote a lengthy response on Twitter about her ex-husband”s comments.
She said: "I will never let anyone take away my first marriage not even my ex husband! We may have been young but I knew full well what I was doing!!! And never in a million years would I ever dismiss it, especially bringing two amazing children into it… Love mummy xxx."
She later added: "Just want my children to know there were made with love and no regrets #eyeswideopen."
Brian met model and DJ Vogue 18 months ago in a nightclub in Dublin. He previously dated Australian singer Delta Goodrem for four years.
Kerry Katona married second husband Mark Croft in 2007. The pair divorced in 2010, and Kerry is currently single.
For the full, exclusive feature on Brian and Vogue”s wedding, see this week”s !, out now.
- Brian McFadden tells HELLO! he had no idea what he was doing when he married Kerry
- FHM unveils World’s Sexiest Woman poll with Kerry Katona et al – but winner Rosie Huntington-Whiteley gives party a miss
- Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green Might Renew Wedding Vows
- Bill Hader Surprised How Funny Brian Williams Is
- Sinead O"Connor ends fourth marriage after just 16 days