La Dolce Vita: Vintage moments from the Venice Film Festival
Away from the formality of the Oscars and the goldfish bowl that is Cannes, the Venice Film Festival offers A-listers a chance to let their hair down.
The often tense relationship with photographers becomes more relaxed as snappers have a chance to get up close and personal with stars on boats along the historic waterways.
And opulent, gothic Palazzos throw open their doors to host lavish banquets for the world”s most famous faces.
check the PHOTO FOR VINTAGE VENICE
The high-octane glamour is about to kick off again, with this year”s edition running from August 29 to September 8.
Venice”s unofficial patron George Clooney delights in mixing his passions for Italy and film in the Venetian playground. And his leading ladies have often made an appearance on his arm.
This year, Ben Affleck is expected to promote his touching love story To A Wonder, while Rachel McAdams and the original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Noomi Rapace, will be generating heat for their slick thriller, Passion.
In a couple of weeks, all eyes will be on the stunning Italian city. But until then, ! Online looks back at some vintage moments from Venice”s recent past.
- Mel Gibson Emerges At Cannes Film Festival (Photos)
- Lily Allen"s vintage inspiration for her baby"s name
- Controversial Princess Diana Film Showing Her Last Moments Set to Debut at Cannes
- Proud parents Elton and David show off their gorgeous baby boy in Venice
- Controversial Director Lars von Trier Banned From Cannes Film Festival