Mellencamp, Stephen King work on a musical
ATLANTA — A new musical dreamed up by rocker John Mellencamp and horror writer Stephen King will make its world debut in Atlanta next year.
The Alliance Theater has announced that it will produce “Ghost Brothers of Darkland County,” what it calls “a riveting Southern gothic musical.”
King”s story is based on the real 1957 deaths of two brothers and a young girl. Mellencamp is in charge of the “roots and blues-tinged score.”
The Alliance”s artistic director Susan V. Booth will direct and legendary producer T. Bone Burnett will provide musical direction.
It is scheduled to run from April 4 to May 13, 2012.
- Larry King on Elizabeth Taylor: She Was the Last of the Great Movie Stars
- Daniel Radcliffe Tries, "Succeeds" in Broadway Musical Debut
- James Franco and Stephen Colbert Engage in "Lord of the Rings" Nerd Challenge
- Actress T.V. Carpio Injured in "Spider-Man" Musical
- King disses Piers Morgan"s new CNN show