Messenger of hope: David Beckham campaigns to end world hunger
David Beckham is a father of four, so it”s no surprise that the welfare of the world”s children is a cause close to his heart.
The football icon visited No. 10 Downing Street to personally deliver a proposal to David Cameron that calls to end global hunger.
David is a longstanding Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF, and his name headed up the signatures of over 50 high profile stars from the worlds of sport and entertainment.
Ewan McGregor, Robbie Williams, Orlando Bloom, and Boris Becker also backed the campaign.
With David set for a starring role in the Olympic opening ceremony, he urged the nation to take action "while the eyes of the world are on our country".
"Being a father, I know how important those first few days of children”s lives are. It”s so important to get them the right nutrients and to help their growth."
- David Beckham to Create his Own Line of Knickers
- Proud Beckham boys help dad David bid farewell to LA Galaxy
- David Beckham to launch underwear line
- David Beckham in Los Angeles Freeway Accident
- Proud David Beckham shares an image of Victoria"s rounded belly