Robbie Savage shown the red card on "Strictly"
Robbie Savage is hanging up his dancing boots after his time with Strictly Come Dancing came to an end at the weekend.
The footballer, whose long blond mane has grabbed the headlines as much as his footwork, said he is not lamenting his exit, but instead believes the show has lifted his reputation.
"It”s just been everything, you know," he said.
check the PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
"People didn”t know who I was before I came to this show, I wasn”t a nice person on the football pitch and hopefully I”ve changed people”s perceptions of me. I am just a normal, decent guy."
Robbie and dance partner Ola Jordan miss out on the semi-finals, with their last dance being a quickstep to the track Little Green Bag, featured on the film Reservoir Dogs.
It was between them and Australian actor Jason Donovan after the public voted them in the bottom two, following Saturday night”s Hollywood themed show.
Jason”s brush with the axe came as a surprise after he and dance partner Kristina Rihanoff put on a stunning Singing In The Rain foxtrot that judges had placed third on the leaderboard, seven points ahead of Robbie.
The One Show“s Alex Jones escaped the firing line despite judges ranking her among the bottom two pairs for her Pretty Woman routine with partner James Jordan.
- Robbie Williams, the artist: creative pop star turns his hand to painting
- Russell fired from "Strictly" after dramatic cannon routine
- Lulu"s out: Strictly star hangs up her dancing shoes
- "Strictly" lovebirds Kara Tointon and Artem Chigvintsev dancing on air as they move in together
- Break dancing: Holly"s "Strictly" partner Artem fractures spine