Socialite Tamara Ecclestone to face blackmailers in court
Tamara Ecclestone is to come face to face with two men accused of attempting to blackmail her for £200,000.
Derek Rose, 32, and Jakir Uddin, 19, allegedly demanded the sum by threatening to expose details of a relationship.
This week they pleaded not guilty to the charges and will go on trial at London”s Southwark Crown Court next February, when 27-year-old Tamara will testify against them.
Mr Rose and Mr Uddin were arrested in April.
They are said to have warned Tamara”s agent, Dana Malmstrom, last November that they would release a story about her private life unless cash was paid.
Prosecutor Roger Smart said that Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone“s daughter would be giving evidence alongside her agent.
The defendants have both been bailed on the condition that they do not contact Tamara or Miss Malmstrom, and that they live and sleep at their home addresses.
Tamara recently appeared in a three-part TV show documenting her lifestyle.
Her father, Bernie, is estimated to be worth £2.5 billion.
- "Doggy day spa" included in Tamara Ecclestone"s £47million London home revovation
- Glam mother-daughter team Tamara and Slavica are leggy lovelies
- Petra Ecclestone bags herself title of hands-on heiress
- Petra Ecclestone"s father F1 boss Bernie reveals surprise at £12-m wedding bill
- Petra Ecclestone"s mum says £12m wedding was "worth every penny"