Tim Robbins Loses Both Parents in Two-Week Span
Tim Robbins” life has been full of professional highs, but the actor recently suffered a devastating personal loss.
PEOPLE reports that Robbins” parents, Gil and Mary Robbins, both passed away within two weeks of each other in their Esteban Cantu, Mexico home.
The 52-year-old actor”s father, Gil Robbins, a member of folk group the Highwaymen, succumbed to prostate cancer on April 5th at age 80 and Mary Robbins, his wife of 59 years, died of a heart arrhythmia on the 17th. She was 78 years old.
In addition to his career as a musician, Gil Robbins acted in a number of films directed by and starring his son, including “Bob Roberts,” “Dead Man Walking,” and “Cradle Will Rock.”
Mary Robbins, a flautist, had earned a Bachelor”s degree in holistic nutrition and beaten colon cancer prior to her death.
Tim Robbins described his mother as having, “a calm and cheerful demeanor, a sharp wit, a gentle spirit and a generous and loving heart.”
- Tim Robbins loses both parents 12 days apart
- Taylor Swift Buys a $1.4 Million Home for Her Parents
- Charlie Sheen Loses Custody Battle for Sons
- Variety loses to punk band in album cover dispute
- "Idol" Finalist Jacob Lusk Was Arrested the Same Week He Auditioned