Tom "deeply saddened" as Katie files for divorce
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have revealed they are getting a divorce after five years of marriage.
"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," says Katie”s lawer. "Her primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter”s best interest."
Tom”s rep told People magazine: "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy."
The Top Gun actor, 49, married Dawson Creek star Katie, 33, in a magnificent Italian castle ceremony in November 2006. They have a six-year-old daughter, Suri.
Tom was previously married to Moulin Rouge star Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, and actress Mimi Rogers. It”s Katie”s first marriage.
- Faith Evans Files for Divorce From Husband Todd Rusawa
- Proud Tom happy for Katie to take the limelight at Jackie premiere
- Maria Shriver Files for Divorce
- Tom declares his love: "Katie is everything to me"
- Tom Arnold Guarantees Fourth Marriage Will Last