"True Blood" star uninjured after race car flips
“True Blood” star Stephen Moyer walked away unscathed after flipping his car during a celebrity driving race on Friday.
PHOTOS: Daredevil celebs
During his seventh lap in the qualifying rounds of the 35th Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race in Long Beach, Calif., the actor”s car slid into the tire barrier, causing it to do a 360-degree roll before landing back on its tires, Press Telegram reports.PHOTOS: “True Blood” stars, then and now
“I was getting quicker and quicker and quicker and I was braking later and later and later. It was total driver error,” Moyer, 41, explained. “It was a surreal experience. It felt like a roller-coaster ride when my car flipped.”
Despite his accident, Moyer who tied the knot with Anna Paquin in August scored the No. 1 qualifying time, beating celebs like Brian Austin Green, 37, Kevin Jonas, 21, and Jillian Barberie Reynolds, 44.PHOTOS: Vampires through the years
As part of his reward, Moyer was given a check worth $15,000 for his charity of choice, Racing for Kids, and the pole position for Saturday”s race.
“I want to apologize to the rest of the drivers for ruining everyone”s qualifying session, but I really wanted to get the money for the kids,” Moyer said.
- "True Blood" Star Ryan Kwanten Rescues Injured Man
- Angelo Sosa on "Competing Against Race Horses" on "Top Chef All-Stars"
- Kathy Griffin: "A Dream Come True" When Sarah Palin Fought Back
- No Drugs or Alcohol Involved in David Arquette Car Accident
- When Harry met Sally (met Twilight): Helen Mirren and Billy Crystal star in hilarious spoof