Video: Stevie Wonder Sings "Happy Birthday" to Steven Tyler
We”re not sure what changed in “American Idol,” but they actually managed to make their usually bloated results show must-see TV this week. From the beginning to the surprise ending, it was compelling edge-of-your-seat stuff.
In the spirit of Motown, the first treat came during the group number. After it wrapped, the contestants lined up on either side of the big screen behind the stage, which opened to reveal Motown legend Stevie Wonder.
After his performance, he surprised Steven Tyler by calling him out and then breaking out into his version of “Happy Birthday.” The contestants revealed a cake and a trippy painting of the Aerosmith frontman to honor him. Watch the video below.
The whole affair left the usually unpredictable judge speechless.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Birthday fun for new mum Myleene Klass as she enjoys first outing with baby Hero
- Video: It"s a Surprise Double Elimination on "American Idol"
- Video: "Idol" Judges Rocked By Top 9 Elimination Shocker
- Proud Tom happy for Katie to take the limelight at Jackie premiere
- Kim Kardashian"s Very Lucrative 30th Birthday