Wills and Kate to visit California in July
Wills and Kate are heading west, off to California in July.
Prince William and his wife, the former Kate Middleton, will be in the state for three days starting July 8 after their official tour of Canada, the prince’s office announced Thursday.
The palace did not provide details of their itinerary.
The trip will be William’s first official trip to the United States and Kate’s first-ever visit to the country.
The royal couple — now known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge — married last week at Westminster Abbey in a ceremony seen around the world. After a long weekend in private, they have returned to the remote island of Anglesey in Wales, where William is based as a Royal Air Force search-and-rescue helicopter pilot, putting off a honeymoon for now.
They start their weeklong tour of Canada on June 30, visiting Ottawa, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Alberta and the Northwest Territories, including a trip to the Arctic.
- Prince William, Kate Middleton"s Official Royal Titles Revealed
- Photos: Prince William and Kate Brave the Rain
- New Prince William and Kate Middleton Photo Released
- Honeymoon Can Wait, Say William and Kate
- Photos: Prince William and Kate, Through The Years